Tuesday 18 January 2011

Tried and Tested... and Failing

We're having some kitchen issues... and I'm not handling it in the meek and quiet spirit that I would like.

It all started 2 years ago with a brand. spanking. new. Kenmore dishwasher. Oh how I loved it. It's black shiny and has lots of features and it even won the Good Housekeeping seal of approval. It has jets that shoot water from all around getting the dishes from every angle. I can delay washing the dishes for 2, 4, or even 6 hours! Oooh! Sounds lovely doesn't it? The problem?

It doesn't work!!!!!

I should have realized right from the beginning. It didn't clean how I was hoping, but I thought, "Give it a chance. Maybe I got overly ambitious and over loaded it." Still it didn't perform how I'd hoped. "Okay", I thought, "Maybe I'm not using the right detergent." Because Walmart did stop selling my favorite brand. But, that's for another post.

The most recent violation in my dishwasher saga is when, for the past three times of running it, all the dishes on the top rack are still dirty. Not a spot here and there. Not something dried on that would be hard for any good dishwasher to tackle. No. D.I.R.T.Y. As if no water or detergent had ever touched them. Greasy bowls that my husband took leftovers in. Still greasy. Orange color from the spaghetti we had. Still orange. Milk from the cereal. Still there. And let's not mention the fact that my glasses come out with a lovely gritty feeling. Nothing like handing a glass to a guest and having to say, "Oh wait. That one is dirty. Let me see if I can find you a clean one!" UGH!

I'm so over this dishwasher! Last week I finally decided I would just start washing the dishes by hand. So I ran myself a sink full of hot sudsy water, filled my sink with dirty dishes and decided to check my Facebook while the water cooled down some. ;0)

As I'm sitting at the table enjoying my hazelnut coffee and seeing what's up with all my friends I hear it. Drip. DRip. DRIp. DRIP! I go to investigate and see that my sink pipe is leaking!!!!

Not to be deterred I put a pan under the sink to catch the water and go on with my life. Continuing to wash the dishes by hand and with a leaky sink.

Finally, last night hubby was home early enough to try to tighten the thingy around the pipe to stop the dripping. And then it happened... He broke the thingy!!!

So after much wailing here I sit on Tuesday morning at 9:32 with a counter, table, and sink full of dirty dishes with no way to wash them.

I would like to say that I am completely calm and I'll just find other things to do today, but no, I'll most likely spend a good bit of time lamenting the fact that I can't wash my dishes and knowing that later I'll be in here for hours getting them all done!

Have a good day! :~)

4 comments:

Karen Twombly said...

Oh I am so sorry you are going through this. I hate, hate, hate KENMORE!! We worked hard to get their appliances OUT of my house. The stove broke within 6 mos. and the frig broke after 2 years. Fixing it means the guy comes, "fixes it", leaves, it's still broken, comes back, claims it's an ADDITIONAL issue so he can charge me, leaves, it's still broken and we give up and buy somewhere else. Someone told be it's because I buy "bottom of the line". Well, guilty as charged. So, I bottom bottom of the line from somewhere else and everything is still humming along after YEARS of quality!! I hope this can get resolved for you today!!
Karen :)

Margery said...

Hugs,
If you don't mind kneeling, I suggest the bathtub for washing dishes. Then at lest you don't have a pile of dishes staring at you.

Hope that everything gets fixed soon.

Trish said...

Karen we just replaced ALL of our kitchen appliances with Kenmore. We may have to just fork over the money to replace these (we replaced stove, refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher in '08). The microwave is the only thing that works properly. :( So frustrating!

PeaceLady said...

Oh no!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...