Thursday 19 May 2011

Thankful Thursday

This has been a sad week in our church. A wonderful young woman in our church was called Sunday evening and told that her 37 year old brother had a brain aneurysm. He had surgery and on Monday he was squeezing hands on demand and giving thumbs up. But, sometime Tuesday he took a turn for the worse. He was pronounced brain dead and his family chose not to artificially sustain his life, knowing that he was already "Home". He left behind a wife and three children ages 5, 9, and 12.

So, today I am thankful that I still have all of my family with me. And that, for now, they are relatively healthy. There are some health issues, but we are all still here. I am also thankful that when the time comes, and it will, that we suffer the loss of a loved one or a more serious health issue than we've had already, that we know the One who comforts and sustains.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...